Let's see, the modern car buying experience is:
- Pay interest to borrow money to fund the capital cost of your car.
- Pay to maintain the car.
- Pay to repair the car when it breaks out of warranty.
- Pay for consumables like tires, oil, and brake pads.
- Pay for gas to fuel the car.
- Spend your time driving yourself around.
Don't get me wrong, I like cars as much as the next red-blooded American guy, but if you view your car as anything other than a tremendous expense, you really need to rethink your point of view.