It's been a long time coming, but I've finally replaced blosxom with a custom CMS I've been writing called Rhinowiki. More than a serious attempt at a CMS, this is mainly a fun little side project to write some Clojure, experiment a bit with JGit, and hopefully make it easier to implement a few of my longer term plans that might have been tricky to do in straight Perl.
Full source in the link above, a high level summary here:
- Everything is in Clojure.
- Backend format is Markdown as interpreted by
- Source code is highlighted using
- Markdown rendering is done entirely on the server, with syntax highlighting on the client. (I'm looking into Nashorn to run
highlight.jsserver side too, but don't know if that's possible within my time constraints.)
- Back end storage is managed using and retrieved via JGit.
- All requests are served out of memory.
- There's a hand rolled (and conformant) Atom feed.
- Also RSS 2.0.